Technology of this website
The technology used to produce this website includes:
Content Management System
Wordpress is used for Ruth and Paul's pages, see blog technology page for details of Wordpress configuration. I decided to use Wordpress for these pages as I have found Drupal blog engine to be quite limited and it is quickly becoming further dated as Wordpress continually improves their functionality.
- Kwicks for JQuery - Provides the main slide menu used right across the site.
- Dimensions - Provides functionality to measure browser elements, used to cater for different screen sizes.
- Corners - Produces the rounded corners used through out the site,
- Cycle - Used on the home page to produce photo rotator,
- Easing - Produces interesting transition effects, used in home page photo cycler,
- Panorama - Produces the viewer used for panorama photos, eg Newcastle Panoramas.
- Thickbox - Used by the panorama plug-in,
- Lavalamp Menu - Cool menu effect used on Photos from Around the World page.
- Columnizer - Produces multicolumn effect used on site map page,
- EasyToolTip - Simple way to produce good looking tooltips, eg used Port Maquarie on the Australia page.